Herbalicious Breakfast Casserole
Herbalicious Breakfast Casserole is about to be the star of your holiday brunch! 🌟
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, plus more for buttering the baking dish
- 8 store-bought onion rolls
- ¼ cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 cups milk
- 3 heaping tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 large eggs
- Generously butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Tear the onion rolls into chunks and place them in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the roasted peppers on top, then tear the cream cheese over the peppers. Sprinkle with the mozzarella, then cut the butter into pats and scatter over the top.
- Mix together the milk, pesto, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and eggs in a large bowl and pour slowly over the top of the dish, making sure to get it all around and into the crevices. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- To cook from frozen: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the foil and plastic wrap, then re-cover the casserole with the foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking until firm and set, about 10 minutes more. Portion and serve immediately.
- To cook from thawed: The evening before serving, remove the casserole from the freezer and thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the foil and plastic wrap, then re-cover the casserole with the foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then raise the temperature to 350 degrees F, remove the foil and continue baking until firm and set, 10 to 15 minutes. Portion and serve immediately.