Instant Pot Cinnamon Apple Dumplings
Try adding a dollop of whipped cream and some caramel sauce. So good!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 8 oz can crescent rolls
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider
- Open crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles. Roll each wedge of apple in 1 crescent roll.
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When butter is about HALF melted, turn off the pot by selecting CANCEL.
- Add sugar, vanilla and spices and stir until fully melted and incorporated. Add apple cider and stir to combine.
- Add dumplings in a single layer, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release until the pin drops (for 15 minutes, whichever comes first).
- Open the pot and let the dumplings cool and set for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove dumplings and serve topped with any juices remaining in the pot.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream (optional).
Watch the recipe video here:
Try adding a dollop of whipped cream and some caramel sauce. So good!RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-cinnamon-apple-dumplings/