Instant Pot BBQ Pork Chops
This savory-sweet recipe with just the right hint of spice is delicious
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- Spice Mixture (or substitute 3 tbsp of your favorite pork rub)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp each chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ⅓ cup bbq sauce
- In a small bowl combine the Spice Mixture ingredients and use to season both sides of the pork chops.
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When oil gets hot, brown the meat on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot–you may have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Put the meat back into the pot.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 7 minutes and adjust to LOW PRESSURE.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the pork chops to a foil-lined baking sheet and brush with bbq sauce. Set the pan under the broiler until meat is caramelized and bubbly, 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.