Espresso-Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Espresso-Cinnamon Butter
Espresso and chocolate chips make Banana Bread absolutely mouth-watering. ?? ?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra at room temperature for greasing the pan
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 medium-ripe bananas (the peel should be pretty black), peeled and halved
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lightly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1½ sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of fine salt
- Make the banana bread: Adjust an oven rack to the lowest position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with the softened butter. Place the 5 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan set over medium heat and cook until the butter turns a deep golden brown color, about 2 minutes; stir in the espresso powder. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and kosher salt together in a medium bowl.
- Using a potato masher, mash the bananas in a medium bowl until pretty smooth. Add the sugars, cooled brown butter and egg and whisk until combined. Add the flour mixture and whisk until just combined, don't over-mix. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake on the lowest oven rack until a toothpick inserted into the center of the banana bread comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 40 to 50 minutes. Let the banana bread cool on a baking rack in the pan for 15 minutes. Use a knife to separate the edges of the banana bread from the pan, then invert it and cool the loaf directly on the rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Make the espresso-cinnamon butter: Stir the butter, sugar, espresso, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl until smooth. Serve with the banana bread.
Watch the recipe video here:
Espresso and chocolate chips make Banana Bread absolutely mouth-watering. ?? ?See more of Bobby Flay on #BeatBobbyFlay > Thursdays at 10|9c
Posted by Food Network on Sunday, April 8, 2018