- 2 lb chestnut
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 qt whipped cream
- 1 circle pie crust, baked
- 1 powdered sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Score the chestnuts in a cross with a knife.
- Place the chestnuts on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chestnuts with a towel, and quickly peel the warm chestnuts.
- Put the peeled chestnuts in a pan and add water, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Cook and stir the chestnut on high heat until the water has evaporated and chestnuts has softened, about 15 minutes.
- Place the chestnut filling in a food processor, add in water and blend until smooth.
- Push the chestnut filling through an sieve into another bowl.
- Transfer filling to a piping bag with a circle tip and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚F (90˚C).
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy using a hand mixer.
- Add sugar to the egg whites and whisk until stiff peak forms.
- Transfer the meringue into a piping bag fitted with a circle tip and pipe the meringue in a swirling motion onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meringue for 1 hour.
- Get the pie crust, and cut small circles to serve as the bottom for the meringue and bake for 30 minutes
- Place the meringue on top of the pie crust and pipe the whipped cream around it. Pipe the chestnut cream around the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Watch the recipe video here:
Does anyone recognize this delicious chestnut dessert? 😍FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/the-most-delicious-chestnut-dessert-mont-blancNeed a couple of supplies to get started? Click HERE: http://bit.ly/2ErB5hP – We may make some $$ if you buy!
Posted by Tasty on Monday, February 12, 2018