Crispy Chili Beef
Treat yourself to a little weekday spice with this crispy chili beef ?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ¾ lb frying steak (300 g)
- ⅔ cup cornflour (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon chinese 5 spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups oil, for frying (1 L)
- 2 red chilis
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 oz ginger, thinly sliced (25 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- spring onion, to garnish
- red chilli, to garnish
- Slice the steaks into thin strips and place into a small bowl.
- Add the cornflour, 5 spice, salt, and pepper. Mix until evenly coated.
- Carefully heat the oil in a deep saucepan until it reaches 190°C (375°F).
- Carefully place the beef strips into the oil and fry for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place on some tissue to soak up the excess oil and set a aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by adding a tablespoon of oil to a frying pan. Frying the chilies, spring onion, and ginger over a medium heat for a few minutes. Add garlic paste and fry for another minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, red wine vinegar, and tomato ketchup until thick.
- Stir in the beef steaks until evenly coated.
- Garnish with spring onion and red chilies.