Creme Brulee Cone
Take a crack at this sweet snack featuring creamy creme brulee in a colorful, chocolate-coated cone.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
For the custard:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Granulated or fine turbinado sugar, for bruleeing
For the cones:
- 1 pack waffle or sugar cones
- 1 (12-ounce) bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 (12-ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles, for cone rim
Make the cones:
- Using the microwave or double boiler, melt each chocolate in separate bowls. Pour dark chocolate in each cone to coat the inside. Dip the rim of each cone in white chocolate and then in the sprinkles. Let chocolate completely firm at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Make the custard:
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla seeds. Heat until just simmering. Do not boil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and cornstarch. Ladle a small amount of the warmed milk mixture into the egg yolks and whisk so no clumps form. Carefully add yolk mixture to warmed milk and whisk constantly for about 5 minutes. Once the mixture is thick and slightly bubbling, remove from heat and pass through a fine mesh sieve. Let custard cool completely to room temperature.
- Once custard has cooled but not completely set, carefully pour into each chocolate-lined waffle cone. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle granulated sugar on top of the custard and carefully use a torch to caramelize the sugar. The sugar will harden as it sits. Crack the top with the back of a spoon and enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
Give us the creme brulee & nobody gets hurt.Taste for Yourself: taste.md/2quJY5g
Posted by Tastemade on Monday, April 16, 2018