Game Day Breakfast Sliders
A different twist on a breakfast egg and cheese biscuit! Great tailgate breakfast serving offered at a UVA tailgate by Krisanna Hudson. Gobbled up by the crowd!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 eggs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 count) package Hawaiian bread rolls (such as King's®)
- 18 slices provolone cheese, or as needed
- 12 slices deli ham, or as needed
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until frothy. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Pour eggs into skillet; cook and stir with spatula until set, 3 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut rolls in half horizontally; lay bottoms in a single layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add a layer of provolone cheese, then scrambled eggs, then a layer of ham, then provolone cheese, then ham, then provolone cheese again. Cover with roll tops. Cut through ham and provolone cheese layers to make individual sandwiches.
- Melt ¼ cup butter, brown sugar, and mustard together in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Spread mixture over roll tops. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and let stand, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove aluminum foil from baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are golden brown and cheese has melted, 15 to 20 minutes.