Chocolate Cherry Bombs Are Explosively Delicious
Bite sized snacks are a hit with every household, whether it be just to have around or for a party these little guys pack some serious flavor! A 2 bite brownie with chocolates favorite combo, cherries! That's not all, a rich dark chocolate glaze right on top and of course more cherries! If you like chocolate and cherries you will fall in love with these little guys!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
For the cakes:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 24 pitted cherries
For the chocolate glaze:
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream, warmed
- Maraschino cherries for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the chocolate cake mix, instant chocolate pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and sour cream until well-combined and smooth. Fill the prepared muffin tins about halfway with batter. Place a pitted cherry in the center of each.
- Bake cakes about 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with a few crumbs. Allow to cool about 10 minutes in the pan, then remove to cool on a wire rack, flipping the cakes so the thicker side is on the bottom.
- To make the chocolate glaze, melt down the chocolate in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth. Add in the softened butter and cream, then mix again until well-combined and smooth.
- Cool 5 minutes, then dip your cakes in the glaze to coat the smaller sides, letting the extra glaze drip back into the bowl. Place cakes back on the rack to allow them to set.
- Serve the little cakes with a maraschino cherry on top, or as is. Enjoy!