Instant Pot Parmesan Lemon Pasta
With the addition of chicken, this dish can also pack a protein punch.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2½ cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles
- 1 cup grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup half and half
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 8 oz grilled chicken, sliced and warmed (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley and additional parmesan for serving
- Add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When butter is melted, add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Add broth, lemon zest and 1 tbsp of lemon juice to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Break noodles in half and fan across the bottom of the pot, making sure all noodles are submerged.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 3 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Stir, breaking up any pasta clumps and allow to cool slightly.
- Add parmesan cheese, half-and-half, and remaining 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and cold water. Stir into the pot until thickened, returning to SAUTE mode as needed.
- Serve warm topped with grilled chicken (optional), finely chopped parsley and additional parmesan.