Cheesy Sesame Phyllo Bites
Not feeling the squares in this phyllo bites recipe? Use a pizza cutter to cut crackers into any shape you like!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 sheets fresh phyllo pastry or frozen, thawed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 large egg white, room temperature, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup mixed black and white sesame seeds, divided
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces Gruyère, finely grated (about 2 cups), divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place a sheet of phyllo on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush lightly with butter and top with a second sheet of phyllo, pressing gently to adhere. Brush with butter and top with another sheet, pressing gently again; brush with egg white. Sprinkle half of sesame seeds and half of paprika over phyllo; season with salt and pepper. Scatter half of Gruyère over top. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut phyllo into 2" squares. Bake crackers until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet 3 minutes before serving. Repeat with remaining phyllo, butter, egg white, sesame seeds, paprika, Gruyère, and more salt and pepper, building on another parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Crackers can be made 8 hours ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Watch the recipe video here:
Yes, it's actually this easy to make crackers from scratch. GET THE RECIPE: http://bonap.it/6T2WjQV