Power Protein Brownies
Want a protein-packed treat after your workout that won’t undo all of your hard work? These power protein brownies are the perfect, slightly sweet treat. Stick around ‘til the end of the video for some of our other favorite high-protein snacks.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 bananas, very riped, chopped
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained (425 g)
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder (60 g)
- ⅔ cup almond butter, or nut butter of choice (160 g)
- 1 cup almond flour (95 g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (40 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the bananas, black beans, cocoa powder, almond butter, almond flour, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the dark chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the brownies are set.
- Let cool, then slice into 12 pieces. Enjoy the brownies immediately, or store in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.