Cheese-Stuffed Spaghetti Wrapped Meatballs
CHEESE-STUFFED SPAGHETTI WRAPPED MEATBALLS
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 500g beef mince (5%)
- 400g sausage meat
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 200g pizza mozzarella, in 1.5cm cubes
- 350g spaghetti, cooked
- 2 tsp italian seasoning,
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Neutral oil, for deep-frying
- Grated parmesan, to serve
- Finely chopped parsley, to serve
- Add the beef, sausage meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, tomato paste, garlic, salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix well until homogenous and smooth.
- Using an ice cream scoop to portion, flatten a piece of the meat mix in your palm then place a cube of mozzarella in the centre and wrap the meat around to seal.
- Brown all the meatballs in a lightly oiled frying pan set over a medium heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, add the 2 eggs, italian seasoning, parmesan and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the cooked spaghetti and mix thoroughly to coat evenly.
- Place a small amount of dressed spaghetti on a piece of cling film and place a browned (cooled) meatball in the centre. Gather the edges of the piece of cling film in order to enclose the meatball around the parcel of spaghetti. Wrap the parcel tightly and place in a muffin tin to retain its shape. Repeat with the rest of the two mixes until you have 12 spaghetti parcels. Set in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil to 175°C, unwrap the nests and fry until golden brown, crisp and cooked through.
- Serve with lashings of marinara, lots of grated parmesan and fresh parsley.