Addictive Sesame Chicken
My family begs for this dish! Much easier to prepare than the ingredient list indicates. If you are a fan of Chinese food, prepare to become ADDICTED to this yummy sesame chicken. Serve over jasmine rice.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 (5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce2 tablespoons sesame oil1 teaspoon red chile paste (such as Thai Kitchen®)1 clove garlic, minced2 tablespoons toasted sesame seedsAdd all ingredients to list
- Combine the 2 tablespoons soy sauce, the dry sherry, dash of sesame oil, flour, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, baking powder, baking soda, and canola oil in a large bowl. Mix well; stir in the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the ½ cup water, chicken broth, vinegar, ¼ cup cornstarch, sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, red chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn heat to low and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Fry the marinated chicken in batches until cooked through and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer the chicken to a large platter, top with sauce, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.