Cheese Stuffed Roll
Enjoy warm, chewy bread rolls stuffed with cheese, tomatoes and tons of flavor.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast, olive oil, water, sugar and milk.
- Add flour and a pinch of salt, and stir to combine. Once a dough begins to form, continue to mix by hand. Cover and leave the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay out dough on a floured surface, and divide into 8 small portions. Flatten each portion slightly and fill with the cheese and tomato mixture. Close the dough around the filling, forming a ball, and place on a baking pan. Brush rolls with egg and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.