Broccoli Cheddar Soup
See ya later, soup cans.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 c. whole milk
- 3 c. shredded Cheddar, plus more for garnish
- Baguette, for serving
- In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Whisk in flour and let cook 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broccoli, carrots, and celery and simmer until vegetables are tender, 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add milk. Bring to a simmer and stir in cheddar.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with more cheddar.
- Serve with baguette.