Baked Salsa Verde Chicken
The perfect weeknight dinner—with a kick.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 16-oz. jar salsa verde
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1½ c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- ¼ c. Chopped cilantro
- lime, cut into wedges
- cooked white rice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pour salsa verde into a large baking dish.
- Brush chicken all over with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Nestle chicken into salsa verde and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Place it under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Squeeze lime over chicken and garnish with cilantro. Serve over cooked white rice.