BAKED PESTO CHICKEN
This easy Baked Pesto Chicken is a fast chicken dish made with skinless chicken breasts, pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. You can make this in the oven, or make it outside on the grill!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 16 oz total boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons Skinny Basil Pesto
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 6 tbsp 1.5 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Wash chicken and dry with a paper towel. Slice chicken breast horizontally to create 4 thinner cutlets. Season lightly with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment if desired for easy clean-up.
- Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto over each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from oven; top with tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To Grill: Grill chicken over medium flame on both sides until cooked through in the center. Lower flame, top chicken with pesto, tomatoes and cheese, and close grill until cheese melts.
Watch the recipe video here:
Chicken Pesto Bake is layered with all the things that makes me happy that summer is coming! ? 4 Smart Points • 236 calorieshttp://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-chicken-pesto-bake/
Posted by Skinnytaste on Thursday, June 6, 2019