Bacon Cheeseburger Braid
It's like a giant cheeseburger to share with a crowd. The cheeseburger mix is intertwined between soft bread and surrounded in layers of gooey cheese. Serve it up with burger sauce it you're up for it.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 500g beef mince, cooked
- ½ cup crispy bacon bits
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 500g pizza dough
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC. n a large bowl mix together mince, bacon, ketchup, garlic powder and pepper.
- Split dough into 200g balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a tube. Roll to flatten Ito a long strip about 8".
- Sprinkle cheese down the centre of each strip. Top with burger mixture and top with another layer of cheese.
- Bring edges together and pinch to seal.
- Place three rolls together and pinch to attach and one end. Braid dough to form a plait.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.