Ain't No Thing Butta Chicken Wing
Ain't No Thing Butta Chicken Wing recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 pounds chicken wings, sectioned into wings and drumettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons reserved spice mixture, from above
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle hot pepper sauce (recommended: Crystal hot sauce)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the spices. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Rinse the wings and pat dry. Add the wings to bowl with the spice mixture and stir to coat well. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat with direct and indirect heat or preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the grill: Cook the wings over direct heat until they are good and crispy, about 15 to 25 minutes. Turn them over and put them on indirect heat, turning frequently, as needed.
- Oven method: Line a baking sheet with a nonstick wire rack. Arrange the wings on the rack and bake them for 45 to 55 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the wings are grilling, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, garlic and jalapeno. Saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the reserved 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture and 12 ounces of hot sauce. Bring to a simmer, add the butter, vinegar and lime juice. Hold warm until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add the wings to a large serving bowl, pour in the sauce and toss.
Watch the recipe video here:
These spicy, crispy wings will be a hit at your next party!Guy Fieri hosts Part 2 of the #GroceryGames DDD tournament > tonight at 9|8c
Posted by Food Network on Sunday, March 25, 2018