11 Herbs And Spices Fried Chicken
11 herbs and spices fried chicken that you could just make at home yourself 👀
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 400 mL (1 ¾ cups) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 L (8 ½ cups) vegetable oil
- HERBS AND SPICES MIX
- 250 g (2 cups) flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Beat the eggs into the buttermilk.
- Add the chicken pieces to the buttermilk mixture and chill for an hour.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour with all the herbs and spices.
- Coat the soaked chicken pieces in the herbed flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan to 325˚F(170°C), then turn to low heat.
- Fry the chicken in batches for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the skins turn golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Watch the recipe video here:
11 herbs and spices fried chicken that you could just make at home yourself 👀 RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/11-herbs-and-spices-fried-chicken
Posted by Proper Tasty on Tuesday, February 20, 2018