Baklava Cheesecake Bars
We took everyone’s favorite buttery, honey-walnut treat and turned it into this incredibly easy-but-impressive dessert bar mash-up.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll 1 can of dough. Place in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Press in bottom of baking dish.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup of the sugar and the lemon peel with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread over dough in baking dish. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining ½ cup sugar, the walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Unroll second can of dough. Carefully place on top of walnut mixture, stretching dough to cover filling.
- In small bowl, mix honey and lemon juice; brush over dough.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until well chilled. For diamond shapes, cut 6 diagonal parallel lines down length of pan; cut 6 diagonal lines across straight lines.
Watch the recipe video here:
Just look at those beautiful cheesecake bars!Baklava Cheesecake Bars recipe:…