Zucchini Pizza Bites
Topped with sauce, mozz, and mini pepperonis, zucchini makes a surprisingly adorable base for pizza.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Pizza
- 3 large zucchini, sliced into ¼" rounds
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- ¼ c. marinara or pizza sauce
- ⅓ c. shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ c. mini pepperoni
- Dried oregano, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place zucchini on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake until slightly tender, 5 minutes.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce over each slice, then top with mozzarella and mini pepperoni. Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted, 10 minutes.