Zebra Striped Cheesecake
This hypnotic striped cheesecake made by layering a black sesame paste cream cheese filling is easier than you think.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Cake
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons black sesame paste
- 5 Oreos
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- ¾ cup fresh cream
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Whipped cream
- Black sesame seeds
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let it bloom. Heat dissolved gelatin in the microwave at 500 watts for 30 seconds.
- Prepare the crust: Add Oreos and pecans to a plastic zip top bag. Use a rolling pin to crush into small pieces. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add melted butter. Stir to combine, then transfer to a springform pan lined with parchment paper. Press down to form the crust. Refrigerate until set.
- In a blender, add all cheesecake filling ingredients. Blend until combined, then divide mixture between 2 bowls. Add black sesame paste to one of the bowls and whisk to combine until batter is gray in color.
- Use an ice cream scoop to dollop scoopfuls of the batter in the center of the crust, alternating between white and gray.
- Refrigerate until set, then garnish with whipped cream, mint and black sesame seeds.