TACO MEATBALL BITES
These Mexican-inspired meatballs have just the right amount of spice, and can easily be paired with tons of toppings.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped chilies
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 24 -30 corn, chip scoops
- cheese, dip (Queso, see recipe below)
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup small dice pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ablespoon canned chopped chile
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, taco seasoning, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons chopped chilis, egg, breadcrumbs and chopped cilantro. Form into 2-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Remove and place each meatball in a corn chip scoop. Drizzle with queso, and top with guacamole, pico de gallo and chopped cilantro. Serve with a side of sour cream.
For the Queso:
- In a large bowl, toss to combine cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese and cornstarch. In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a simmer. Whisk in cheeses and chopped chilis. Bring to a simmer to thicken, about 1-2 minutes.