Sweet Tea Barbecued Chicken
Marinades sometimes use coffee or espresso, and that inspired me to add tea to perk up a barbecue sauce.—Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 chicken (4 to 5 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup sweet tea
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour apple juice and water into a large shallow roasting pan. Mix seafood seasoning, paprika, garlic powder and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in roasting pan.
- Bake, covered, until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170° to 175°, about 50-60 minutes. Transfer chicken to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Whisk barbecue sauce and sweet tea; brush some of mixture over chicken.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack; grill over medium heat 3-4 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce.
Watch the recipe video here:
Betcha never thought of marinating your chicken like this!> Get the recipe for Sweet Tea Barbecued Chicken: https://trib.al/ruHwLzC