Crispy Un-Fried Chicken
Bake up the crispiest fried chicken ever with this oil-free method.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- One 3½- to 4-pound whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, stir together the buttermilk, hot sauce and 1 teaspoon each of the garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put the breadcrumbs, paprika, cayenne and the remaining teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder and salt in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to combine. Remove the chicken from the brine and add it to the bag. Seal the bag and shake vigorously to coat the chicken.
- Line a baking sheet with a rack and spray well with nonstick spray. Arrange the chicken on the rack, skin-side up, and spray the chicken very generously.
- Bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes.
Watch the recipe video here:
Bake up the crispiest fried chicken ever with this oil-free method.Watch Valerie Bertinelli's #HomeCooking Sundays 11a|10c.
Posted by Food Network on Friday, April 13, 2018