- Maple butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices thickly sliced white bread (“Texas toast”)
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ apple, finely sliced
- ¼ shredded cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Extra eggs for topping
- Heat electric griddle to medium-high (or a griddle pan over medium-high heat).
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add in maple syrup and cayenne, then simmer for 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Beat 4 eggs with heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Carefully cut a small pocket into each bread slice. Fill each slice with cheese, bacon, apple slices, and shredded cheese.
- Carefully dip bread slices into egg mixture. Turn until bread is fairly saturated with egg mixture.
- Heat oil on griddle until sizzling. Place bread slices onto griddle and cook until cheese is melted (about 4 minutes per side).
- Remove from heat and cover bread to keep warm.
- Use remaining oil (adding 1 tablespoon more if necessary) to fry sunny-side-up eggs.
- Top the slices with sunny-side-up eggs and maple butter. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
Stuffed French Toast Breakfast SandwichAfter waking up late, you might as well take your time making a super-satisfying sandwich. Because, like Diesel, sometimes you just gotta go with the flaw.http://www.diesel.com/tasty
Posted by BuzzFeed Food on Thursday, February 1, 2018