Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 25 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove breadsticks from can; do not unroll. Separate into 6 coils at perforations.
- To make each snake, unroll 1 coil; press to seal center perforation, making 1 long breadstick. Loosely wrap long breadstick around 1 hot dog, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of dough at each end of hot dog. Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch dough at one end into rounded point to form "head" of snake. Repeat with remaining breadsticks and hot dogs.
- Cut 12 (3-inch) squares of foil; loosely shape each into small ball. Cut 6 (2-inch) squares of foil; shape each into tiny ball. Place 1 small ball at each end of dough-wrapped hot dogs. Prop "heads" and "tails" up on balls so they will stand up when baked. Cut 1/2-inch slit in tip of each "head" to form mouth. Prop each "mouth" open with tiny ball of foil.
- Bake at 375°F. for 14 to 17 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Remove "snakes" from cookie sheet; remove foil balls. On each "head," attach tiny squares of American cheese and currants with cold pack cheese to make eyes. Attach bell pepper in "mouth" to make tongue.
Watch the recipe video here: