Shaved Fennel Salad with Orange, Green Olives, and Pistachios
A mandoline is great for shaving the fibrous fennel bulbs into delicate, thin slices.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- ¾ cup orange sections (about 2 large oranges)
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped pitted green olives (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 medium fennel bulbs with stalks (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup shelled unsalted dry-roasted pistachios
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Step 2
- Trim the tough outer leaves from fennel, and mince feathery fronds to measure 2 tablespoons. Remove and discard stalks. Cut fennel bulb in half lengthwise, and discard core. Thinly slice fennel bulbs. Add fennel slices to juice mixture, and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with fennel fronds and nuts.