Seared Crispy Skin Duck Breast With Duck Fat Fried Potatoes
Seared Crispy Skin Duck Breast With Duck Fat Fried Potatoes recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 2 lb duck breast, 1-pound (910 g)
- 1 salt, to taste
- 1 pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fingerling potato (455 g)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 cup red wine (240 mL)
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL)
- ½ orange
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pat dry the duck breasts with a paper towel.
- Score the duck skin with sharp knife, making sure to not cut into fresh.
- Season the duck breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes to a pot of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 15-20 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
- Using a ramekin or your palm, gently smash the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Starting with a cold and dry oven-safe skillet, place the duck breasts skin side down. Cook for 12-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Flip the breasts over and sear the other side for 1 minute. Flip to the skin side down, and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast for 4 minutes for medium-rare, 6 minutes for medium.
- Rest the duck skin side up for 10 minutes. Do not discard the fat in the pan.
- Combine red wine, chicken stock, orange juice, and honey and reduce by half over medium heat.
- Fry the potatoes with remaining duck fat in the pan, until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Slice the duck ½-inch (1 cm) pieces.
- Serve with the sauce and the potatoes.
Watch the recipe video here:
Seared Duck Breast And Potatoes
This dinner will leave your guests saying wow ? ✨FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/seared-crispy-skin-duck-breast-with-duck-fat-fried-potatoes
Posted by Proper Tasty on Thursday, September 6, 2018