Give instant ramen noodles a very classy makeover.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 ramen packs (seasoning packets discarded)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into ½" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Boil noodles according to package instructions. Save ¼ cup of cooking water to loosen sauce later, if needed. Drain noodles and toss with olive oil so they don't stick.
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon pieces until brown and crisp. Add the noodles to the skillet and toss with the bacon until the noodles are coated in the bacon fat. Turn off the heat. Beat eggs with fork and mix in Parmesan cheese. Pour egg-cheese mixture to skillet and toss with bacon and noodles. (The residual heat of the pan will cook the egg-mixture, but do not overcook or the eggs will scramble!)
- Divide between bowls. Garnish with parsley and freshly ground pepper.