Rainbow Cake in a Mason Jar Is an Easy Way to Bake Up Every Color of the Rainbow!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients required on the box
- Food coloring gel in purple, blue, green, yellow, and red
- 1 container white frosting
- 3 wide-mouth glass canning jars (1 pint each)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare mason jars by first washing and drying thoroughly. Spray the inside of each jar generously with nonstick spray.
- Follow box directions to prepare the cake mix. Split the batter up evenly between 5 bowls, then add food coloring to each bowl and stir to blend well to the desired hue.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of each color batter into each jar, layering in the following order: purple (on the bottom), blue, green, yellow, red (on the top).
- Place the filled mason jars in a glass baking dish, then add ¼-inch of water to the bottom of the dish outside of the jars. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the cake tops are springy to the touch.
- Cool the cakes completely, then frost and decorate as you like! Enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
Did you know you could bake cake in a mason jar?Get The Recipe: http://sha.red/CeQhm