Apple Cream Cheese Rose Tarts
Pretty enough for a fancy party, yet tasty enough to make whenever you're craving some baked apple goodness.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 sheets puff pastry
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Remove the core and thinly slice the apple.
- Combine the apple slices with lemon juice and water in a bowl and microwave 3 minutes. Cool the bowl in some ice water. Pat dry the apple slices and set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 4 even strips.
- Spread cream cheese and sprinkle sugar onto the puff pastry strips.
- Arrange the apple slices vertically on half of each puff pastry and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Fold the puff pastry lengthwise on top of the apple slices and roll up. Place the apple pastry rolls into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees F.