Blueberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Pie
For a good friend moving to L.A., I made a blueberry goat cheese pie. Bake one, share it and start a precious memory. —Ashley Lecker, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a floured sheet of parchment, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Mix blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and basil. Spoon blueberry mixture over pastry to within 2 in. of edge. Fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving the center uncovered.
- Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with goat cheese; bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbly, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Top with torn basil leaves before serving.
Watch the recipe video here:
Oh my! —> Get the recipe for Blueberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Pie here: https://trib.al/EfnOPKn
Posted by Taste of Home on Monday, July 8, 2019