What’s better than a soft, hot pretzel? Try one stuffed with classic pizza toppings!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pure Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 28 slices (1½-inch size) pepperoni
- 8 pieces (1 oz each) mozzarella string cheese
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 425°F. Brush large cookie sheet with ½ tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle cookie sheet with cornmeal.
- Sprinkle flour over work surface. On floured surface, unroll pizza crust dough; starting at center, press dough into 16x10-inch rectangle. With pizza cutter or knife, cut dough lengthwise into 4 (2½-inch-wide) strips.
- Evenly place 7 pepperoni slices on each dough strip, leaving ½ inch on each end uncovered. Cut each string cheese in half lengthwise. Place 4 cheese halves on pepperoni on each dough strip, overlapping ends to fit.
- Bring up sides of each dough strip over pepperoni and cheese, and tightly pinch together, stretching dough as necessary to fully enclose cheese and pepperoni; pinch ends to seal. Lightly roll and shape into 16-inch logs. To make pretzel shape, form each log into U-shape, then cross the ends and fold dough over so ends rest on bottom of U-shape. Place pretzels on cookie sheet. Brush pretzels with remaining ½ tablespoon oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until pretzels are golden brown. Serve warm with pasta sauce for dipping.