Potatoes Au Gratin
That cream sauce though.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 6 russet potatoes, cleaned and peeled
- 2 tbsp. butter, plus more for pan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ c. cream
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme
- pinch of nutmeg
- kosher salt
- red pepper flakes
- 1½ c. shredded Gruyere
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter a baking dish well and set aside. Slice potatoes ¼" thick and place in water to keep from browning.
- Heat butter over medium heat and add garlic. Sauce until fragrant about 1 minute. Add cream, milk, thyme, nutmeg, salt, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Let simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Layer ⅓rd of potatoes, slightly overlapping, in prepared dish then pour ⅓ of cream mixture over potatoes. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cream to make two more layers. Sprinkle gruyere over top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with parmesan and continue baking until potatoes are tender and top is golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Watch the recipe video here:
Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin are the side dish that becomes your entire meal.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/1ysIBaw
Posted by Delish on Tuesday, March 6, 2018