Pizza Pepperoni Bites
Perfect for those sudden pizza cravings, without crashing your diet.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1½ c. shredded mozzarella
- ¼ c. pizza sauce
- ¼ c. sliced black olives
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400º. On a cutting board, slice 4 slits in each slice of pepperoni so you can easily fold them over each other in the mini muffin tin. (Make sure to keep center intact.) Place a slice of epperoni in each muffin tin hole.
- Bake until slightly crispy, 10 minutes. (If very greasy, remove pepperoni and blot with a paper towel. Blot pan with paper towel, then return pepperoni cups to pan.)
- Heat broiler. Add a small spoonful of mozzarella, a small spoonful of pizza sauce, and another small spoonful mozzarella. Top with a couple black olives.
- Broil until cheese is melty and golden, 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.