PENNE ARUGULA SALAD WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES
Peppery arugula tossed with nutty chickpeas, penne pasta, sun dried tomatoes, shaved parmesan and balsamic vinegar.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 6 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste penne pasta, use brown rice pasta for g.f.
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly shaved
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente.
- Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Toss the pasta with baby arugula, sun dried tomatoes, chick peas, oil, vinegar, half of the cheese, salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Divide between 4 plates and top with remaining shaved parmesan cheese.