Peanut Butter Banana Pudding
There's two entire layers of peanut butter in here.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1⅓ c. milk
- 1 (3.4-oz) package vanilla pudding
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 c. melted peanut butter
- 1 (16-oz) box nutter butters
- 4 bananas, sliced into rounds
- In a large bowl, combine milk, vanilla pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk thoroughly, breaking up any lumps, and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes, or until set.
- In another large bowl, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside ⅓ of the mixture for topping the dish. Fold remaining whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
- Build the trifle: Spread one-third of the pudding mixture onto the bottom of the trifle dish. Cover with a layer of nutter butter cookies—you may want to also stand some cookies up vertically, so you see the full circle along the edge of the trifle dish. Top with an even layer of banana slices then drizzle melted peanut butter on top. Continue layering the pudding, nutter butters, banana slices, and peanut butter until you reach the top, ending with a final layer of pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to overnight.
- Just before serving, dollop whipped cream on top of the pudding layer, then sprinkle crumbled Nutter Butters on top and drizzle with melted peanut butter.