- 300g beef mince
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 12 thin slices of yellow cheddar cheese
- 6 cooked bacon rashers
- ¼ white onion, finely chopped
- Puff pastry
- Sesame seeds
- Egg wash
- Pre-heat oven to 200C (400f). Split beef mince into 50g balls and flatten each into a very thin rectangle.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Add beef patties to hot pan and season each side with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides until brown, about 1 minute each, set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into large rectangles abbot 2 inches larger than the patties.
- Place on puff pastry sheet down, top with one beef patty followed by 2 slices of cheese, 2 slice of bacon, cheese, and another beef patty. Brush edges with egg wash. Cover with another large piece of puff pastry and press to seal edges. Cut with a pizza cutter to adjust if needed and use a fork to completely seal sides.
- Brush entire top with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with condiments
Watch the recipe video here:
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pop-tarts
Posted by Twisted on Wednesday, September 20, 2017