No-Bake Avocado Cheesecake
This easy no-bake dessert relies on the smooth, creamy texture of avocado to form a stiff, custardy base -- no gelatin required. Lime zest and juice add tang.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying the pan and plastic wrap
- 9 ounces graham crackers
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 firm but ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1½ limes
- One 5.4-ounce can coconut cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Add the graham crackers and ¼ cup of the sugar to a food processor and pulse to fine crumbs. Drizzle in the butter and pulse until the crumbs are completely coated and moistened. Firmly press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate while you make the filling. Clean out the food processor and return it to the stand.
- Add the cream cheese, avocados, lime zest and juice and remaining ¾ cup sugar to the food processor and puree until completely smooth and almost no avocado lumps remain. Add the coconut cream and heavy cream and process until the mixture starts to thicken and becomes creamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust in the prepared pan. Spray a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray and gently press it on top of the filling so no air can reach it. Refrigerate until completely set, 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove the plastic wrap and smooth out any bubbles with an offset spatula. Garnish with whipped cream around the edge and serve cold.