Cookie Dough Pie
Never turn your oven on again.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
FOR THE CRUST
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
FOR THE FILLING
- 1½ c. whole milk
- 1 packet instant chocolate pudding
- 1 (8-oz.) container Cool Whip
- ¼ c. chocolate chips, melted
- Make crust: Grease a shallow pie dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt and beat until combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Press about two-thirds of the mixture into greased pie dish. Refrigerate while you make the filling and topping.
- Make filling: In a large bowl whisk together milk and pudding mix until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip and melted chocolate until evenly combined. Pour filling into crust.
- Make topping: Roll extra cookie dough into small balls. Place in a pile on top of filling.
- Freeze pie until the filling is solid, about 4 hours.
- Slice and serve cold.