- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Special equipment: a mini muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin tin liberally with nonstick spray.
- Whisk 3 tablespoons of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, orange zest, 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and the egg until just combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Scoop the batter into the mini muffin tin and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly and then remove from the pan.
- Pour the remaining 1 stick melted butter in a small bowl and, in a separate medium bowl, mix together the remaining 1 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Brush the muffin tops with the melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar, tapping off any excess. Serve warm.
Watch the recipe video here:
Cinnamon Sugar Mini Pancake Muffins are the definition of breakfast goals ?See Bobby Flay on #BeatBobbyFlay, tonight at 10|9c!Save the recipe: https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/bobby-flay/cinnamon-sugar-mini-pancake-muffins-3111120.
Posted by Food Network on Thursday, October 11, 2018