Muffin Tin Cinnamon Roll Apple Pies
Get mesmerized with these mini swirly cinnamon pie, filled to the brim with cinnamon sugar coated apples. A fun spin on your traditional apple pie and perfect for individual servings! Serve warm with your favorite creamy vanilla ice cream.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 pie crusts
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp Demerara sugar
- Egg wash
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Roll out one pie crust. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon. Roll tightly into a log. Cut into ¼” rounds. Repeat with second pie crust.
- Place 4 rounds in each cavity of a muffin tin. Press to adhere and attach to form a crust right to the edges. Brush with egg wash and set aside.
- Toss apples with sugar, cinnamon, and flour until coated. Place apples into prepared crust.
- Place remaining cinnamon swirl rounds in a circle in-between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out to ¼” thick. Cut out 3-inch rounds and place on top of the apples. Press edges to seal crust. Brush the top evenly with egg wash, sprinkle with Demerara sugar and make a small slit in the centre with a sharp knife
- Bake for 30 minutes until apples are cooked through and crust is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!