Mini Corn Bread Chicken Bake
Get ready for a recipe that's easy as pie!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 package PERDUE© Diced Chicken
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, canned or frozen
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⅔ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1. Preheat oven to 400℉/200ºC.
- 2. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat; add the oil and onion. Sauté until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Add the Perdue Diced Chicken pieces and taco seasoning. Brown the meat on both sides.
- 4. Add black beans, corn, and salsa; stir to combine. Pour the mixture into four large ramekins (or an 8x8-inch baking dish). Set aside.
- 5. Add flour to a large mixing bowl. Add the cold butter. Using a fork, crumble the butter into the flour. There should be small bits of butter distributed throughout. Add baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and cheddar; stir to combine. Pour in the milk and fold just until a soft dough forms.
- 6. Top the ramekins with biscuit topping. Transfer to the oven. Bake 15-20 minutes, until the biscuit topping is cooked through and golden brown.
- 7. Serve immediately.