Key Lime Pie Pops
Enjoy mini key lime pies, graham cracker crust and all, dipped in chocolate on a stick.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 12 cupcake liners to a muffin pan. In a medium-sized bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Scoop graham cracker mixture into liners, filling them one-fourth of the way then pressing down into a flat layer.
For the filling:
- In a large measuring cup, add condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice and zest. Mix until fully combined. Pour filling on top of crusts, filling them another fourth of the way.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until set. Remove and let cool. Freeze for 2 hours. Remove from liners, and insert a popsicle stick into each.
For the chocolate:
- In a bowl over a double boiler, heat chocolate and coconut oil. Slowly stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Dip pies into chocolate, then place flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze until chocolate is set.
Watch the recipe video here:
We've done cake pops. We've done brownie pops. Now it's time for pie pops. Full Recipe: taste.md/2FNZvnd
Posted by Tastemade on Monday, March 5, 2018