Keto Egg Roll Bowl
Get that crave-worthy egg roll filling without the carb-laden wrapper with this hearty keto entree. Drizzle with a little sriracha for a warming kick.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion (from 1
- 2 teaspoons nely chopped garlic
- (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions, white
- bottoms and green tops separated
- 1 (14-oz.) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or chilegarlic sauce
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup roasted, salted peanuts,
- coarsely chopped
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the coconut oil in a large cast-iron skillet or wok over high; swirl to coat. Add pork, and cook, stirring to crumble, until browned and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons coconut oil and sliced onion; cook, stirring often, until browned and softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and white parts of scallion; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add coleslaw mix and 2 tablespoons water. Cook, tossing often with tongs, until cabbage is softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sambal, and salt in a small bowl. Add soy mixture and cooked pork to vegetable mixture, and stir to combine. Top each serving with sliced green scallion tops and peanuts.