Kale Caesar Mac and Cheese
Rich, creamy and fully loaded with our favorite Caesar salad flavors, this dish uses only one pot from start to finish, making cleanup a breeze.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 cups whole milk
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni (about 3 cups)
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 8 ounces mild white Cheddar, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella, shredded (about ¾ cup)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Food Network Kitchen™ Inspirations Creamy Parmesan Caesar Dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Add the milk and macaroni to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to keep the macaroni from clumping. Lower to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the macaroni is tender and the milk has thickened to the consistency of heavy cream, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the kale and continue cooking until fully wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add the Cheddar, mozzarella, cream cheese and 1½ teaspoons salt and stir until smooth, thick and creamy. Stir in the Creamy Parmesan Caesar Dressing. Remove from heat and top with the Parmesan, croutons and several grinds of black pepper. (The dish will thicken as it cools; thin it out with a little hot water if desired.)
Watch the recipe video here:
Caesar salad lovers — this one’s for you. You need to try this mashup: https://foodtv.com/2lshSbf.