Cheesy Shrimp-and-Grits Casserole
Creamy cheese grits and succulent shrimp make a devine casserole. Don't expect leftovers because your guests are certain to ask for seconds—maybe even thirds!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup regular grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound small fresh shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Bring 4 cups chicken broth and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir together grits, ¾ cup Cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add green onions, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together green onion mixture, grits mixture, shrimp, and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes.
Watch the recipe video here:
Don't expect leftovers of this creamy, cheesy casserole! GET THE RECIPE: https://trib.al/aRbF99T